- Available in Western Australia, Australian Capital Territory and Tasmania
- Developed by Crime Stoppers WA
- Endorsed by the WA Police Force, ACT Policing and Tasmania Police
- Supported by P&N Bank, peak cycling bodies, State and Federal Governments
- Powered by the cycling community
Bikelinc was created in response to the frustration felt by the community regarding bike theft and the 9000+ bikes stolen in WA each year.
The WA Police Force were looking for a real-time, searchable tool to easily link bikes with their owners.
Talks began with Crime Stoppers WA to see what could be done to resolve the issue of bike theft: the Bikelinc wheels then started turning. After a successful introduction in WA, Crime Stoppers ACT & TAS saw the benefits of making Bikelinc available in their region.
People are wary of leaving a digital footprint and who has access to their personal information. Crime Stoppers has earned a reputation for keeping people’s identity safe.
The Bikelinc network of bike owners, police, the community and our supporters come together to make this work.